Helping Families Stay Together

  1. Home
  2.  ~ Waivers Of Unlawful Presence

Waivers Of Unlawful Presence Are A Way To Fix Your Legal Status

In the United States, there are a number of barriers that can make it very challenging for an immigrant to find legal assistance. This may be a language barrier, an availability barrier or even a location barrier. However, good immigration representation should not be limited only to those who can overcome these obstacles. My name is Marisol Escalante, and at Escalante Law, I believe in working side-by-side with my clients, wherever they may be, to help them achieve their immigration needs. That is why I operate a firm with offices in Colorado and Maryland that can help clients all across the United States.

I am committed to guiding my clients through the process of waivers of unlawful presence so they can be confident in my representation and can rest assured that they are in good hands. If you have entered the United States illegally or overstayed on an expired visa and wish to remedy your legal status, I can help you file a waiver of unlawful presence. By obtaining a waiver, you can then lawfully obtain a new visa to stay in the United States.

Understand The Details Of Waivers Of Unlawful Presence Through Form I-601A Filings

Timing is vital when you are considering a waiver of unlawful presence. An experienced immigration attorney can help you determine the best time to file a waiver of unlawful presence. There are other eligibility requirements that you need to meet in order to apply, including:

  • You are the immediate relative of a United States citizen, usually a parent or spouse
  • Being 17 years old or older
  • Have a pending visa case with the Department of State
  • Your parent or spouse will face hardship if your waiver is denied
  • You must pay for the filing fees and submit biometric information to USCIS
  • Your only barrier to obtaining a lawful visa must be your unlawful presence

If you are able to fulfill all of these entry level requirements, then you may be able to apply for a waiver with an immigration lawyer to fix your legal status.

Connect With My Colorado Or Baltimore Office Today

If you or a loved one are currently trying to obtain a visa but are prevented due to unlawful presence, then you should come and speak with me so that I can help you solve your situation. Call my office at 720-896-3989, or email me with a brief description of your situation so that I can help you. I offer free initial consultations to all of my prospective clients. I have physical office locations in Parker, Colorado and Baltimore, Maryland.